Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Behaviours plugin disables inline edit :(

Todd Wilson January 11, 2018

I thought I had a major breakthrough for my QA team when I discovered the Behaviours plugin has long been installed on our instance yet totally unused. Finally, I could populate the Description field of bugs with QA's Steps to Reproduce template!!

Alas, it appears that adding a Behaviour to a field disables inline editing of that field from the View Issue screen.

I would really really like to give Bug Descriptions a default value without having to sacrifice inline editing. How can I do that?

Jira 7.1.9 ScriptRunner 4.3.5

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

6 votes
Answer accepted
Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2018

Hi Todd,

In your version of ScriptRunner, inline editing is automatically disabled when a behavior is added to a field and the user won't be able to use the field on the view screen. One workaround provided is to manually set the field to be editable by placing code like this in the Initialiser Function of the behaviour:

def descField = getFieldById("description")
descField.setAllowInlineEdit(true)

Josh

Todd Wilson January 12, 2018

Woohoo! That's perfect! Thank you, Josh. The team is singing your praises.

Manjunatha K R March 20, 2018

Hi Josh,

Somehow Behaviour Initialiser script is NOT enabling inline edit required for "Summary and Description" fields in Jira.

Description Field Behaviour Inline Editing Screen.PNGPlease refer the attached screen shot where my behaviour script is written using SR version 4.3.16 inside my Jira s/w version 7.2.7

-Manju

Even I tried with "current user is reporter" condition added into under "When" and Jira issue was reported by me and still inline edit is disabled...

I would like give permission of Inline Edit to change both Summary and Description fields ONLY to Reporter of the issue in my Jira project.

Todd Wilson March 20, 2018

def desc = getFieldById("description")

Lower-case 'd' for 'description', perhaps?

Manjunatha K R March 21, 2018

Todd,

Even I tried with description and summary with first letter Lower case before.

it's not working...

- Manju

Priyanka Lavania
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

This helped me thanks Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist  :)

Like ninghongju likes this
1 vote
Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2018

@Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_ is it possible to have both? I must have the Behaviour on the field (part of the business logic), but the lack of inline edit is a huge annoyance.

Thanks

0 votes
Rob Berube June 22, 2018

solution doesnt work for me.  :( 

Tried placing the setAllowInlineEdit into initializer as well as the actual code on the field. 

• JIRA SERVER v7.7.1
  • Scriptrunner v5.3.26
Michiel Bakker June 25, 2018

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? It is a very big problem for my clients

Please help!

Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2018

Hi guys,

In one of the later releases, we changed the implementation so when you try to edit inline a field with a behaviour then the edit dialog pop up. 

Now if you still want the inline edit to work without behaviours, then try to disable the inline behaviours module 

Manage Addons -> Adaptavist ScriptRunner for JIRA -> modules -> search for inline edit issue -> disable

Hi Thanos,

I don't understand you. The problem is that we can't inline edit a field whitch also is in a behaviour. For example the field "description". I want it in a behaviour and i want it to edit this inline and not with a pop up edit dialog.

Is there a solution for that problem?

Michiel

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2018

Manage Addons -> Adaptavist ScriptRunner for JIRA -> modules -> search for inline edit issue -> disable

that works and i can inline edit the description field. But when i create a new story the behaviour i made (on the Description field) doesn't work...

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2018

What is the name of the module that you disabled ? 

Version of ScriptRunner ?

I disabled module --> Behaviour inline edit issue assets

ScriptRunner Version 5.4.11

Hi Thanos,

I have a update ;)

It works fine when i do a create of a new story in the same window. When i try to do a create in another window  (new tab) then i does not work. This is when i use Chrome.

When i use IE both the methods work fine! ;)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events