Syncing Versions with a Master project using Adaptavist ScriptRunner

Mark Sadegursky September 18, 2018

We are looking to implement the following using Adaptavist ScriptRunner and wondering if anyone has done the same, with the Cloud version of JIRA.

There are 2 parts to this.

1. From a master project we would create release versions, those versions would be synced down to approximately 5 different projects. So we are looking for an easy way to push down the new versions to the other projects.

2. We need to merge versions, what we are looking to do is merge the versions in the master project which would trigger the merge version in the 5 other projects. We need to ensure that the merge is triggered so that the version number is updated on all the corresponding tickets.

Wondering if anyone has implemented something similar, any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2019

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that there is a plugin for Jira Cloud called Version Sync for Jira which can be viewed on  the Atlassian Marketplace here which is designed to Synchronise versions across projects and I would avdise looking at this plugin to achieve your requirement.

If you wanted to look to implement a script to do with this Script Runner then I can confirm that your script would need to look at  the following Rest API calls outlined below.

Get Version
    Get Project Versions
    Create Version
    Merge Versions

I have created a code snippet at which shows how you can get all versions for one project and copy them to another project which contains no versions which is located here and you can use this script as a referene guide to create the script that you require to achieve your requirements.

Regards,
Kristian

Bradley MacDonald July 19, 2019

Thank you so much @Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_ I was able to modify your code and add it as a script listener. I have it triggering off of version created for the main project and it is doing exactly what I needed.

Pooja_Dhotre April 28, 2023

Hi @Bradley MacDonald 

Could you please share sample script here. i have same requirement to implement.

Thanks, Pooja

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events