Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sum up custom field values with ScriptRunner

Chris Selvig September 16, 2018

I have a custom field, Credits used, at the issue level.  I want to sum this at the project level, and using ScriptRunner's aggregateExpression function I think I can do something like this:

project in projectMatch() and issueFunction in aggregateExpression("Total Credits Used", "Creditsused.sum()")

Is the space in the field name going to cause problems?  If so, do I need to create a new field with no spaces (Creditsused)?  Enclose the field name in single quotes in the function?

project in projectMatch() and issueFunction in aggregateExpression("Total Credits Used", "'Credits used'.sum()")

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2018

Hi Chris,

I can confirm that it is not possible to sum up values in ScritpRunner for Jira Cloud currently using JQL as the aggregateExpression() JQL function is only available in the Server version of the add on.

You can see all the JQL functions which the server version  provides inside of the docuemntation page located here.

The reason that we are unable to provide this functionality in Jira Cloud is due to the differences in the frameworks between Jira Server and Jira Cloud which means that no API exists to allow us to provide this functionality inside of Jira Cloud.

You can find further information on the differences between the Server and Cloud versions of the plugins inside of the documentation page located here.

If this response has answered your question can you please mark it as accepted so that other users can see it is correct when searching for similar answers.

Regards,

Kristian

Chris Selvig September 25, 2018

Is there any other way to do this in Jra Cloud using ScriptRunner?

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2018

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortanetly there is no other way with ScriptRunner to sum up all values for a field for every issue in a project as you would need to do this using JQL and ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud does not provide any JQL functions to achieve this requirement.

Regards,

Kristian

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events