Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Scriptrunner functions are not showing up in Workflow Condition and Validator menus

Elyse Grasso January 11, 2021

Jira 8.5.5 Jira Scriptrunner 6.2.1-p5. The only other user applied packages are Jira Workflow Toolbox and Advanced Roadmaps

When installing Scriptrunner, I get a warning:

Note: This app might be functional, but one or more modules is missing dependencies. Features and functionality may be limited.

The missing features include items that should be showing up in the menus for workflow conditions and validators, but are not visible. How do I identify and repair the missing dependency? Thhe logs that are visible through the web interface do not seem to provide relevant information.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

Those two modules require that you have other apps installed, they can't be enabled unless you've got the apps.  I'm not sure about the macro metadata provider (possibly something to do with a graphing or diagramming app), but the Automation error suggests you don't have Automation installed.

Is there some place I missed in the documentation that lists the prerequisites for the Scriptrunner package?  As I said in my original question, our only user-installed packages are Scriptrunner, Workflow Toolbox and Advanced Roadmaps. 

Where can I find information about the required packages  and their versions? (And prices)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

Probably not actually.

There are no prerequisites for Scriptrunner, other than a Jira (or Confluence, Bitbucket or Bamboo to install it on).

Even if you were able to enable the module, there's no point - you haven't got Automation, so it wouldn't actually do anything.

I think I need to ask what you're trying to achieve here?    You mentioned validators and conditions, but what are you actually missing for them?

0 votes
Irfan Mazuki January 11, 2021

Hi @Elyse Grasso ,

Could you go to Jira Administration > Manage apps, and check the ScriptRunner plugin's modules to see if there are any disabled (like below)? If any, you may try enabling it then check if it helps.

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 2.49.56 AM.png

Kind regards,

Irfan

144 of 148 modules are enabled at installation

I was able to Enable two of them but scriptMacroMetadataProvider and 'Execute a ScriptRunner script action for Automation for Jira' cannot be enabled.

Items are still missing from Conditions and Validators menus.

Irfan Mazuki January 11, 2021

Hi Elyse,

It might be worth disabling and re-enabling the ScriptRunner plugin, just to check if it helps with ensuring the required modules are enabled properly during the plugin startup.

If there's a scheduled Jira downtime or it is a Staging instance, you can also observe if the problem persists after a Jira restart.

Finally, if the problem still persists, checking the atlassian-jira.log file (after replicating the problem again) might have some clues as to why the problem is occurring. This can be found in the generated Support Zip: Create a Support Zip 

Kind regards,
Irfan

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events