Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show/Hide custom field based another another field value selection using Scriptrunner

Claire Nelson December 17, 2018

What is the easiest way to show or hide a field (A) based on what the value is in another single select field (B) ? I used to put something in the field configuration scheme on the single select field A but that no longer seems to work. 

We have Scriptrunner and so I was trying to use a behaviour but the field does not appear at all and I cannot find a dummies guide to walk me through this example. So far I have:

def fieldIsBMTheLM = getFieldById("customfield_30450")   <---- B
def fieldBookingManager= getFieldById("customfield_30551") <------ A
def bookingManagerRequired = fieldIsBMTheLM.getValue();

if (bookingManagerRequired == "No") { //No
fieldBookingManager.setHidden(false)

}
else {
fieldBookingManager.setHidden(true)

}

Many thanks! 

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Carmen Creswell [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2018

Hi Claire! 

Here is a simple example that works in my instance. This hides a Text Field based on what value is in a Single Select List: 

def textField = getFieldByName("TextFieldB")
def selectList = getFieldByName("SelectListA")

def selectListValue = selectList.getValue()

if (selectListValue == "AAA") {
textField.setHidden(true)
} else {
textField.setHidden(false)
}

This Behaviour is meant to go on the field you are basing the Behaviour on. In your example, you want to hide the Field A based on Field B. So the Behaviour should be put on Field B so that it is triggered every time the field is changed. 

Claire Nelson December 18, 2018

Thank you Carmen, I will give this a go.

Priyanka khare October 18, 2020

Hello @Carmen Creswell [Adaptavist]  

I have a checkbox field with  6 different options and would want to show the date field based on one of the options. In my question, I should have given the values as(A, B,C,D,E,F) instead of True, False and NA for better understanding. 

I want that-

1.If option D is ticked( D is an option of a checkbox field) then the Date field(Compliance Date) should be visible or else It should be hidden.

2. Even if D is ticket along with (A,B,C,E,F) the Compliance Date field should be visible and only hidden if D is not ticked.

Can you please advice on this?

Regards

Priyanka

sujata birajdar September 23, 2021

Hi,

Can we use this script in JIRA cloud where behaviours are not part of scriptrunner.

any idea, how the same functionality can be applied in jira cloud.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events