cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Rank with Scriptrunner

Alexander Raymukanov April 5, 2021

Good day,

I have following user case:

I have Structure with 2 levels Assignee->Issue sorted by Rank. So users make their tasks from first, than second ...

I want to add following functionality. If some user create new urgent issue and set in create issue window special check box ("urgent task"), then new issue will be placed before actual first issue in Structure for the same assignee. So I need to set Rank of new issue lower than that first issue.

So Scriptrunner script looks to have following logic:

- read Structure

- find first issue for user whom assigned new issue and read its Rank

-set Rank to new issue lower

But I can't find functions in Java API or examples in Adaptavist library , how to read and set Rank. Please help.

If you know how to make the same other way, it will be also fine.

Regards,

Alexander 

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nir Haimov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2021

Hi @Alexander Raymukanov 

You didn't find any documentation to set Rank because there is no way to do so.

Rank is a system field that it's actual value is encrypted and not human read.

I know in the tickets in the UI you see numbers for Rank, like : 1, 2, 5, 9...

But behind the scenes, each number will be some complex value like "alskdjaslkfjlsdjkfsd" so you can't create the actual Rank value the system expect to.

Alexander Raymukanov April 6, 2021

Many apps like Structure make such Rank setting with drag and drop in list sorted by Rank. And that’s why I assume that such Java functions like issue.setRankLower(referenceIssue) should exist. 
But maybe they use REST API where this commands exist and documented. 

Nir Haimov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2021

Maybe you are right,

Last time i was in a discussion like that, i remember that the conclusion was as i told you (from the JAVA API side), maybe as you said, from the public API there is a way to do it, i didn't check so i can't tell

0 votes
Caigos Atlassian Admin December 20, 2021

Check out Solved: Change issue Rank using scriptrunner (atlassian.com). The Java Class you're searching for seems to be com.atlassian.greenhopper.api.rank.RankService.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events