Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Send email using global looping transition?

Hi,

I have a usecase where I want to send out an email using a using global looping transition:

- global looping transition "Send email" with a transition screen (and custom fields Summary, Description, Recipients, Attachment)

- ScriptRunner post function as described in https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/send-custom-email

I think it should be possible to map the custom fields to the post function script "fields"/variables: sendEmail('user@email.com', '<Your subject here>', '<Your body here>') 

So:
Summary: <Your subject here>
Body: <Your body here>
user@email.com: Recipients
Attachment?

Is this possible? Or are there other thoughts for sending out custom emails using a user dialog screen?

Many thanks and best regards,
Berry.

1 answer

0 votes
Sarika Dalal Community Leader Dec 07, 2021

@Berry Kersten I think the approach you suggested using script runner is the best way to do that.

Script runner post function for send mail is already present which will give you option to map custom field in the body/Subject and you can add attachment as well from here.

Regards,

Sarika Dalal

Hi @Sarika Dalal Great. Thanks!

One more question. Is is also possible to store the sent custom email in a comment? Did not see that functionality in in the documentation.

Cheers, Berry.

Sarika Dalal Community Leader Dec 12, 2021

@Berry Kersten , Yes You can do that via Custom script.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

Send an Email or Publish to Confluence - What should you do with your release notes?

Background When you hear the words ‘Release notes’, almost always you think of an unsolicited email from a software vendor. But I am here to tell you that from our data, sending release notes via E...

243 views 1 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you