Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send email using global looping transition?

Berry Kersten December 3, 2021

Hi,

I have a usecase where I want to send out an email using a using global looping transition:

- global looping transition "Send email" with a transition screen (and custom fields Summary, Description, Recipients, Attachment)

- ScriptRunner post function as described in https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/send-custom-email

I think it should be possible to map the custom fields to the post function script "fields"/variables: sendEmail('user@email.com', '<Your subject here>', '<Your body here>') 

So:
Summary: <Your subject here>
Body: <Your body here>
user@email.com: Recipients
Attachment?

Is this possible? Or are there other thoughts for sending out custom emails using a user dialog screen?

Many thanks and best regards,
Berry.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Sarika Dalal
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

@Berry Kersten I think the approach you suggested using script runner is the best way to do that.

Script runner post function for send mail is already present which will give you option to map custom field in the body/Subject and you can add attachment as well from here.

Regards,

Sarika Dalal

Berry Kersten December 10, 2021

Hi @Sarika Dalal Great. Thanks!

One more question. Is is also possible to store the sent custom email in a comment? Did not see that functionality in in the documentation.

Cheers, Berry.

Sarika Dalal
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2021

@Berry Kersten , Yes You can do that via Custom script.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events