Select list options with Behaviors

Thomas Hardin September 18, 2019

Morning all,

There are quite a few sample scripts out there supporting select list options with behaviors, but I am just not getting something to work correctly and after manipulating this to the Nth degree, have pretty much drawn a blank. My goal is to populate a single select list, "Solution Team", based on the option chosen from another single select list, "Capability Area". This is not on the create screen though. Users will complete these selections during a transition or while updating the issue. Not sure if this will dictate how the behavior should work though, but wanted to throw that out. I've abbreviated the script as there are a lot of options in this use case and once I have the first, I can complete the remainder. 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
if (getActionName() != "Edit Issue") {
return // not the initial action, so don't set default values
}
def allowedOptions = null
// set a select list value -- also same for radio buttons
def capabilityAreaFld = getFieldByName("Capability Area")
def capabilityAreaFldValue = capabilityAreaFld.getValue()
def solutionTeamFld = getFieldByName("Solution Team")
def optionsManager = ComponentAccessor.getOptionsManager()
def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
def customField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject(solutionTeamFld.getFieldId())
def config = customField.getRelevantConfig(getIssueContext())
def options = optionsManager.getOptions(config)

if (capabilityAreaFldValue.toString() == "Supply Chain"){
solutionTeamFld.setFieldOptions(options.findAll{
it.value in ["Order to Cash Solutions", "Procure to Pay Solutions", "Distribution Center Solutions", "Global Finance Solutions", "Global ERP Services"]
})

}

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2019

Instead of "toString()" on your select field value (which is an instance of an option object), try to get that option's value.

if(capabilityAreaFldValue.value == 'Supply Chain')

Also, for this sort of situation, rather than having lots of if blocks, create a map, then use that to find the value to set.

def areaMap = [
'Supply Chain': ["Order to Cash Solutions", "Procure to Pay Solutions", "Distribution Center Solutions", "Global Finance Solutions", "Global ERP Services"],
'Other value' : ['other list of options'],
//etc
]

solutionTeamFld.setFieldOptions( options.findAll{ it.value in areaMap[capabilityAreaFldValue.value]})

This way, you just have to update your areaMap if your list of value changes (rather than possibly having to add/remove if blocks)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events