Did you mean: 

Search issue string for key word, custome field script

Kevin Seery November 19, 2018

Hi,

I have created a budget status field and returns:

Result type:
String
Result value:
<div style='background-color: green; color: white; padding: 5px; width: 95px; border-radius:4px; text-align: center'><b>Under Budget</b></div>

I would like to use the out put from the 'budget field' to create a project status. The out put from the budget field is above a long string. I would like to pick out a word from this string then use this. Do I need to feed the 'Budget Status' into a variable then search this for a word ie Under Budget

Is this possible?

Thanks for your help

Kevin

My script so far is now working:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessorissue.statusissue.getAsString("Budget Status")

if (Budget Status == '<div style='background-color: green; color: white; padding: 5px; width: 95px; border-radius:4px; text-align: center'><b>Under Budget</b></div>')

{
    result += "<div style='background-color: green; color: white; padding: 5px; width: 95px; border-radius:4px; text-align: center'><b>On Schedule</b></div>"

}
return Result

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2018

Hi Kevin,

I don't quite understand what exactly you are trying to achieve here. By the looks of it, your "Budget Status" field is a scripted field with HTML template. You want to get this field's value, cut off all HTML tags and pass the actual value somewhere else (to another field)?

If this is the case, then I suggest matching your "Budget Status" value against a regex and the pass the result to wherever you need.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events