Scriptrunner with Service Desk Portal: Best practice to populate options based on two other fields?

Yen-Wu Lo July 10, 2020

I'm trying to make a application portal where users can apply for privileges. There are three fields: System, Department, and Privileges. The user selects what System they want to use, what Department they come from, and the Privileges field should search the database with System and Department as input, then populate the options with a list of Privileges available to that user.

So I set up two database pickers for System and Department, then I wrote two behaviours on both System and Departments. When either of them is updated, the behaviours turn the Privileges field into a multi select, query the database from a REST endpoint, and finally populate the options with the result from the query.

Capture.PNG

But I think this is way too complicated, and sometimes after I refresh the portal the behaviour cannot be triggered. Are there better ways to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yen-Wu Lo September 6, 2020

The new feature of Database Picker in Scriptrunner 6.6.0 provided a solution for this.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events