Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scriptrunner: how to have different scripts for different contexts for the same custom field

Almu November 3, 2021

Hi there

I would like to have 1 custom field in Jira UI with 2 contexts, so that each context refers to a different Scriptrunner Scripted Field, atlhough with the same name, but different script. Any idea, please?

Thanks!

Almu

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2021

The scripts are not kept in the context, they apply for the entire field.

You will need to create a new field for each different script.

Almu November 8, 2021

Thanks Nic. That is what I thought, but the previous Jira admin did it in the Jira I am managing now. There are  2 scripted fields, each of them for a different context, so in Jira UI There is only 1 custom field with 2 context...

Chand Chandrasegaram August 23, 2022

This was previously possible in SR for Jira DC. Newer version of SR (v > 6.x) has removed the possibility to have different scripts for each contexts for one scripted field. Creating new field for each script is not ideal and scalable solution. 

For example a scripted field called 'Info' can render different HTML messages for different contexts based on different requirements. Creating new field for the same purpose is not a scalable solution, especially when they have the option to keep the same name for field. 

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events