Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scriptrunner for Jira Datacenter -> Insight - Error: 750: you tried to assign a value to the class

Simon Evans April 13, 2021

I am trying to unpick something that has been working but seemingly broke a little while back.

We have a Jira project for Contract Management and are using Scriptrunner with a Post Transition Function to add an object to Insight.

We are seeing an error when the Post Function runs:

ViewWorkflowTransition.jspa?workflowMode=live&workflowName=Create+Contract&descriptorTab=postfunctions&workflowTransition=1&highlight=4
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
file:/Path/InsightManagerForScriptrunner.groovy: 750: you tried to assign a value to the class 'java.util.Map'
@ line 750, column 21.
Map.value = Map.value.collect { it.toString() }
^
1 error

Am a bit stumped having not used Scriptrunner previously, what can I check in the script to see what might be causing this?

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2021

I would expect the word "Map" to be in lower case. But that depends on whether you have an actual variable called "map".

But if you could share a larger snippet of the script I can help further debug.

1 vote
Simon Evans April 13, 2021

Thanks @Peter-Dave Sheehan @Joshua Sneed Contegix for your uber quick responses.

Would you believe it was a typo, changed upper case on the Map.value for map.value and that fixed it !

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2021

Hi Simon,

What is on line 750 in the 21st position? It may also help to place a few logging lines in your script so that you can check variable values after it runs, this may allow you to see a data type mismatch or the value you tried to assign to the class. Cheers!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events