Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Scriptrunner bulk adding users to Group

I have about 100 users I would like to bulk adding them to a group, can I use Script Console in Scriptrunner? I'm new at scriptrunner, please advise.

Thanks,

John

1 answer

Hi @John Cliff Le , you could use this, this will add ALL your users to the selected group.

Use it carefully. You have to put this in the  ScriptRunner "Script Console"

import com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.Group
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.security.groups.GroupManager
import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser
import com.atlassian.jira.user.UserUtils

GroupManager groupManager = ComponentAccessor.getGroupManager()
Group group = groupManager.getGroup("My Group") //Change this with the name of your Group

UserUtils.getAllUsers().each {
ApplicationUser user ->
groupManager.addUserToGroup(user, group)
}

Check out the notes in the code to fit your needs.

Regards. 

Hi Alejandro,

Appreciate and thanks for responding!

I ran it and got some errors:

Request:

import com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.Group
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.security.groups.GroupManager
import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser
import com.atlassian.jira.user.UserUtils

GroupManager groupManager = ComponentAccessor.getGroupManager()
Group group = groupManager.getGroup("jiratestapi") //Change this with the name of your Group

UserUtils.getAllUsers().each {
ApplicationUser user ->
groupManager.addUserToGroup(user, group)
}

Responses:

org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: Script1.groovy: 4: unable to resolve class com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser @ line 4, column 1. import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser ^ Script1.groovy: 1: unable to resolve class com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.Group @ line 1, column 1. import com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.Group ^ Script1.groovy: 2: unable to resolve class com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor @ line 2, column 1. import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor ^ Script1.groovy: 5: unable to resolve class com.atlassian.jira.user.UserUtils @ line 5, column 1. import com.atlassian.jira.user.UserUtils ^ Script1.groovy: 3: unable to resolve class com.atlassian.jira.security.groups.GroupManager @ line 3, column 1. import com.atlassian.jira.security.groups.GroupManager ^ 5 errors at com.adaptavist.sr.cloud.workflow.AbstractScript.parseScript(AbstractScript.groovy:51) at com.adaptavist.sr.cloud.workflow.AbstractScript.evaluate(AbstractScript.groovy:32) at com.adaptavist.sr.cloud.workflow.AbstractScript$evaluate$4.callCurrent(Unknown Source) at com.adaptavist.sr.cloud.events.ScriptExecution.run(ScriptExecution.groovy:27) at ConsoleScriptExecution3_groovyProxy.run(Unknown Source)

Hi @John Cliff Le , wich versión of Jira do you have?

We are on the cloud:

Jira: Cloud

Adaptavist version: 1.1.62-AC

Thanks,

John

My bad, I dindt saw the tags, you cant use this in cloud. Let me check the viability of doing this in cloud.

No worries, thanks!

Am also looking into the restapi/postman on different datasets.

Regards,

John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Comparison between Zephyr & Xray

I am sharing this article with both Zephyr and Xray information and everything should be in one place. It will be easy to know when selecting Zephyr or Xray. Zephyr and Xray are both Jira plug-ins u...

180 views 1 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you