Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scriptrunner bulk adding users to Group

John Cliff Le February 7, 2019

I have about 100 users I would like to bulk adding them to a group, can I use Script Console in Scriptrunner? I'm new at scriptrunner, please advise.

Thanks,

John

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Alejandro Suárez - TecnoFor
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 18, 2019

Hi @John Cliff Le , you could use this, this will add ALL your users to the selected group.

Use it carefully. You have to put this in the  ScriptRunner "Script Console"

import com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.Group
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.security.groups.GroupManager
import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser
import com.atlassian.jira.user.UserUtils

GroupManager groupManager = ComponentAccessor.getGroupManager()
Group group = groupManager.getGroup("My Group") //Change this with the name of your Group

UserUtils.getAllUsers().each {
ApplicationUser user ->
groupManager.addUserToGroup(user, group)
}

Check out the notes in the code to fit your needs.

Regards. 

John Cliff Le February 19, 2019

Hi Alejandro,

Appreciate and thanks for responding!

I ran it and got some errors:

Request:

import com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.Group
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.security.groups.GroupManager
import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser
import com.atlassian.jira.user.UserUtils

GroupManager groupManager = ComponentAccessor.getGroupManager()
Group group = groupManager.getGroup("jiratestapi") //Change this with the name of your Group

UserUtils.getAllUsers().each {
ApplicationUser user ->
groupManager.addUserToGroup(user, group)
}

Responses:

org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: Script1.groovy: 4: unable to resolve class com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser @ line 4, column 1. import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser ^ Script1.groovy: 1: unable to resolve class com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.Group @ line 1, column 1. import com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.Group ^ Script1.groovy: 2: unable to resolve class com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor @ line 2, column 1. import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor ^ Script1.groovy: 5: unable to resolve class com.atlassian.jira.user.UserUtils @ line 5, column 1. import com.atlassian.jira.user.UserUtils ^ Script1.groovy: 3: unable to resolve class com.atlassian.jira.security.groups.GroupManager @ line 3, column 1. import com.atlassian.jira.security.groups.GroupManager ^ 5 errors at com.adaptavist.sr.cloud.workflow.AbstractScript.parseScript(AbstractScript.groovy:51) at com.adaptavist.sr.cloud.workflow.AbstractScript.evaluate(AbstractScript.groovy:32) at com.adaptavist.sr.cloud.workflow.AbstractScript$evaluate$4.callCurrent(Unknown Source) at com.adaptavist.sr.cloud.events.ScriptExecution.run(ScriptExecution.groovy:27) at ConsoleScriptExecution3_groovyProxy.run(Unknown Source)

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 19, 2019

Hi @John Cliff Le , wich versión of Jira do you have?

We are on the cloud:

Jira: Cloud

Adaptavist version: 1.1.62-AC

Thanks,

John

Marketplace Partner
February 19, 2019

My bad, I dindt saw the tags, you cant use this in cloud. Let me check the viability of doing this in cloud.

No worries, thanks!

Am also looking into the restapi/postman on different datasets.

Regards,

John

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events