Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Scriptrunner) auto create stories WITHIN the epic.

Robert Anthony May 21, 2019

So I know that auto creating issue types with scriptrunner is pretty easy with the provided scripts, and im using the Clone an issue, create a link script, but it's not quite solving my problem. I have a post function on an epic that I want to auto create 3 stories WITHIN the epic on the transition, not just creating a link between the issues after auto create. Does that make sense? Any help would be great. 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2019

Epic links are a bit funny - they're not quite links, but logically, they are.

If you've got a script for "create issue X from Epic-123 and link X back to Epic-123", you're almost there.  But replace the "link X back to Y" with "update custom field 'epic link' with the 'epic name' on Epic-123"

Robert Anthony May 27, 2019

Hi Nic,

I appreciate the answer but I'm not sure what the script would actually be. The default scripts do not provide something that will copy a value from one field on the original (Epic) issue to the newly cloned (Story) issue with a new custom field (Epic Link) to actually create that different "link". I'm relatively new to scripting and there doesn't seem to be any provided scripts that actually do this. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events