Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scriptrunner Page Info Modified Users macro not working properly

Yousaf March 28, 2018

Hello together,

in Confluence the Modified Users macro has a problem. 

Currently i´m testing a new version of Confluence (6.7.2). Its on stage. So this macro is now Page Info Modified users by scriptrunner Version 4.2.2

So there are a few articles from live (5.6.6) that are having a problem with stage. The macro shows the authors John, $fullnames.get( $idx ), Jack...

This person does not work in the company anymore. His account was also deleted. So actually his name or this error should not even appear, right? 

The strange thing is that on live his name shows up just normal although his account does not exist anymore.

What could be the problem here ? 

3 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Rafael Franco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2018

We've just released version 4.2.4 of Page Info that fixes this issue. Could you please update the app and let us know if it fixed your issue?

Thanks,

Rafael

Chip Cuccio April 24, 2018

Thank you! I am getting mixed results: deleted users are no longer being displayed as "$fullnames.get($idx)", rather, the author field is blank, where some author fields display "unknown user (xxxx)".

Rafael Franco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2018

Chip, could you please open a support ticket here: 

https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/20

Chip Cuccio April 25, 2018

Hi Rafael,

No need to. The bug was indeed fixed. We refreshed the LDAP cache, and sure enough, your fix worked like a charm. Thank you!

Rafael Franco
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2018

Awesome! Great to hear that!

0 votes
Rafael Franco
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2018

Hi all,

This is happening because unfortunately when you remove a user from Active Directory, Confluence does not remove all the references from it, so effectively you are trying to reference someone that does not exist.

Granted, instead of showing up as $fullnames.get($idx) we could show empty. I'm currently working to fix that issue, but in fact this is a fundamental broken functionality from Atlassian, thus the reason why our "Change Content Author" built-in script is so popular since even when a user is removed from AD it is still present as being the author of the page.

I hope to have a fix soon.

Rafael 

0 votes
Chip Cuccio April 20, 2018

Same issue here and I cannot figure out how to fix this.

We have 5.x running in production, tied to AD. Macro works great and shows the user's name, even when they've been deleted from AD.

In our 6.7x staging instance, tied to the same AD, deleted AD users display as "$fullnames.get( $idx )" in the Page Info box.

Vendor wants $400 for a plugin that's broken?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events