Scriptrunner Listeners - Delete sub-tasks based on updated custom field value

craig rayner May 22, 2018

Hi,

I've created a listener to create subtasks based on a custom field radio button (Testing Required = Yes). using the built in 'create a subtask' listener. I would now like to create a listener for the opposite requirement of deleting subtasks when custom field radio button (Testing Required = No)

I'm very nooby to all of this so i've been trying to use the built in listeners as much as possible. Is this possible to do and if not is there already a solution out there?

Edit: I've found the following code, how could i edit this to do the job i want?

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

import com.atlassian.jira.event.type.EventDispatchOption

// for JIRA v6.*
def user = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().user.directoryUser

// for JIRA v7.*// def user = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().userdef issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()

// will return a Collection<Issue> with all the subtasks of the current issue

def subTasksList = issue.getSubTaskObjects()

for (subTask in subTasksList) {    

// add a condition here if you DO NOT want to delete all the sub-tasks    

issueManager.deleteIssue(user, subTask, EventDispatchOption.ISSUE_DELETED, false)}

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Roland Holban (Adaptavist)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2018

The below script will delete all the subtasks associated with the issue that fired the listener event.

def issueManager = ComponentAccessor.issueManager
def currentUser = ComponentAccessor.jiraAuthenticationContext.loggedInUser

// Get a list of the current issue's subtasks
def subtasks = issue.getSubTaskObjects()

// Loop through all the subtasks and delete them
subtasks.each {
issueManager.deleteIssue(currentUser, it, EventDispatchOption.ISSUE_DELETED, false)
}
craig rayner June 5, 2018

Hi @Roland Holban (Adaptavist)

How would i change the code to only delete subtasks that begin with the word "Test" instead of deleting all subtasks?

E.g. I have subtasks such as Test Design, Test Execution, and i only want those subtasks to be deleted.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2018

Inside the loop, you could add an if statement that checks whether the first 4 letters of the subtask's summary is "Test"

subtasks.each {
if (it.summary.substring(0,4) == "Test") {
issueManager.deleteIssue(currentUser, it, EventDispatchOption.ISSUE_DELETED, false)
}
}
0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2018

This script will delete all the subtasks associated with the issue that fired the event.

subtasks.each {
}

The last portion of the code shouldn't all be commented out. The Atlassian Community code block feature is really bad. 

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2018

The script below will delete all the subtasks associated with the issue that fired the listener event.

subtasks.each {
}
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events