Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Scriptrunner CopyProject script does not work properly

Thread executorThread = new Thread(new Runnable() {
void run() {
def copyProject = new CopyProject()
def inputs = [
(CopyProject.FIELD_SOURCE_PROJECT) : "PR1",
(CopyProject.FIELD_TARGET_PROJECT) : "TEST",
(CopyProject.FIELD_TARGET_PROJECT_NAME) : "TST",
(CopyProject.FIELD_COPY_ISSUES) : true,
(CopyProject.FIELD_COPY_VERSIONS) : true,
(CopyProject.FIELD_COPY_COMPONENTS) : true,
(CopyProject.FIELD_COPY_DASH_AND_FILTERS) : false
]
def errorCollection = copyProject.doValidate(inputs, false)
if(errorCollection.hasAnyErrors()) {
log.error("Couldn't create project: $errorCollection")
}
else {
def util = ComponentAccessor.getUserUtil()
def adminsGroup = util.getGroupObject("jira-administrators")
assert adminsGroup // must have jira-administrators group defined
def admins = util.getAllUsersInGroups([adminsGroup])
assert admins // must have at least one admin
ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().setLoggedInUser(util.getUserByName(admins.first().name))
copyProject.doScript(inputs)

}
}
})
executorThread.start()

So i have a requirement lately about giving the ability to a limited group of users to copy a template project with the use of this script. Of course there are some more extensions behind it but they are not necessary to mention them currently. 

The current script can copy the project with the name and key correctly. Also the versions and the Components are copied too. I am straggling to find out why it doesn't copy the issues (Yes! the source project has iss.ues in it :P ). 

The jira-administrators group has 2 users . A default defined admin which i have from the install process which has all the permissions.

Jira instance is a pure fresh installed 8.3.2 version (i don't know if this creates the current problem.)

Any ideas my fellow Atlassians & Scriptrunner friends ???? Any workarounds maybe?

Regards

CM

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Does it work when you run the Copy Project Script from the ScrptRunner UI under Built-In Scripts?

Basically yes. I even tried this script directly to the console and i have no results! :/

I tried your script (minus the executorThread) in my environment script console with a test project (contains 1 issue) and it worked.

Look in the Audit Log and see who the Author of the changes is. Then perhaps using the built-in script to change the active user to that user and try the built-in copy project script as that user. Are the issues copied?

If not, then look in the source project permissions scheme and make sure that your admin user has browse project and create issue permissions.

Like Christos Moysiadis likes this

@Peter-Dave Sheehan the funny is that it now works. The even more funnier is that the template project Create Permission was assigned to "Any logged user" . I changed it to the admin user and it seems to work correct now. 

Thnx for your help! :)

Regards

Hi @Christos Moysiadis ,

A concrete solution for this is defined here, https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-3793

Best Regards,

Gaurav

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Staying organized with Jira: best practices for a better project management

Project managers know this problem: A “mountain of work” lays in front of you, and you don’t know how and where to tackle them. Different to-dos lie ahead, but just one task after the other can be ha...

183 views 2 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you