Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripted customfield value is not displaying on issuenavigator field columns and gadgets

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2018

Hi,

I have created couple of Scripted customfields and added searcher template as Number.

Scripted field values are displaying on issue view screen but not displaying on issue navigator field columns and gadgets.

I have reindexed entire jira but no values displaying.

Thanks,

Prasad

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2018

I was using following line to get Issue object, instead of getting Mutable issue object I used issue object then it worked as expected.

MutableIssue issue = issue

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2018

What exactly are you returning in the scripted field?  If it's the wrong type of object, then in some cases it will display in issues but can't be indexed and hence won't appear in the navigator etc.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2018

I am returning as Double!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2018

Hmm, that's correct then.

Does the field work when you use the "preview" in the scripting screen?

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2018

Yes, It is showing the expected value but still it is not showing on issue navigator column view :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2018

Ok, so when you say "not displaying on issue navigator", can you detail that? 

Can you add the field to the navigator (i.e. it appears on the list of possible columns), but nothing appears in the column?  (Test with an issue you used in the "preview" test that worked)

Or is it that the field does not appear as a possible column?

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2018

I am able to see the script field on the list of possible columns and able to select it but there is no value displaying.

yes, I have tested with the issue which i used to preview.

it is showing as follows

image.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events