Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScriptRunner method to get hierarchies through a "Parent Link"

Richelle Nixon July 25, 2022

With the removal of portfolioChildrenOf(Subquery) and childrenOfIssuesInQueryRecursive(), is there any other method to be able to identify all of the cases/stories that ultimately roll up to certain initiatives of a given project via a Parent Link? 

My hierarchy looks like this: 

Initiative -- (Parent Link) -->  Epics -- (Epic Link) --> Stories --(Sub-tasks)--> Stories

I would like a filter that looks at all the Initiatives and selects those that fulfill certain conditions, then returns all of the Epics and Stories that roll up to them. 

As a clarification, I cannot use the linkedIssuesOfRecursive() function because it only looks  at Linked Issues, not the specific Parent Link field. 

Thank you!

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Andrea Pannitti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2022

Hi @Richelle Nixon,

I think you just have use linkedIssuesOfRecursive JQL function, setting your conditions in subquery of this function.
This is the reference page for this JQL.

Richelle Nixon July 26, 2022

The linkedIssuesOfRecursive function does not meet my needs. As mentioned, it only looks at the jira cases listed under the Linked Issues. "Parent Issue" is a different field. There used to be functions like portfolioChildrenOf to trace the hierarchy through the "Parent Issue" field, but they have been discontinued.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events