ScriptRunner - format a custom field value(multiple check boxes)

Destro June 12, 2019

Hello,

Is it possible to format the value of a custom field to look more organized.

Example:

I created a custom field named Tests: and its value is a long list of check boxes.

Tests: checkbox 1 (If checked then Test 1 was successful) , checkbox 2 (if checked Test 2 successful) ....... checkbox 63(if checked Test 63 was unsuccessful).

So, after adding the custom field to an issue and checking some boxes, the values of those checked boxes would be displayed in the issue.

My problem is that the way it is displayed it is no very readable as it is displayed in the following format [Test 1 Successful, Test 2 Unsuccessful, Test 3 N/A, Test 4 Successful, ....., and so on until checkbox 63] 

Is there a way in which I can run a script to display the value of the Tests custom field in a more organized way. In general can I format a group of check boxes that are the value of a custom field? 

Tests:       Test 1 sub test 0, 

Test 1 sub test 1,

Test 1 sub test 2, 

Test 2 sub test 0,

Test 2 sub test 1,

Test 2 sub test 2, 

, ... , and so on.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2019

I'm not sure I get your question.

Are you happy with the look of the fields in the edit screen?

Is it only the display screen layout of the resulting data that you want to adjust?

If so, I think some post processing using cust java script may be your only route. Or else re-think you approach.  A single field with 63 checkboxes is a little excessive and not very scalable.

Sounds like you need some kind of test management plugin for your jira instance.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events