ScriptRunner - How to update current date on custom field using on post fucntion

Raphael KLEIN January 3, 2018

Hi, 

I would like to know the Custom script post-function allows to update a custom date field (dd/mm/yyyy) with the current transition date. 

I have tried few codes but non of them works.

using ScriptRunner 5.1.6

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

6 votes
Answer accepted
Raphael KLEIN January 4, 2018

Problem solved. 

i used this script : 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import java.sql.Timestamp

def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
def dateCf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_12345") // Date time fields require a Timestamp
issue.setCustomFieldValue(dateCf, new Timestamp((new Date()).time))

thanks for this document: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/recipes/workflow/postfunctions/set-issue-attributes.html

Rahul Savaikar August 27, 2019

Hello @Raphael Israel KLEIN ,

This worked for me - thank you very much.

Regards,

Rahul Savaikar

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2018

Without knowing what you've tried, it's quite likely someone will give you the code you've already used.

Could you tell us what you've tried?

Raphael KLEIN January 4, 2018

hi, i had some weird behavior (could not create new Timestamp) but seems like today it is working better... not sure what i did wrong. 

Thanks 

uday June 22, 2021

Hi Raphael ,

i am searching for the same but here i need to capture the date while i click on new transition for every transition i need to pick the date. And when i ever i click on new transition i need to capture the date . Please guide me through the steps and hoe to implement this.

for your example and for better understanding: it should be like in the history user changed from this to this on this date like that

please help me to achieve this and come out from this.

thanks in advance!

Regards,

uday.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events