Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScriptRunner/Groovy Cannot invoke method getSprintsForView() on null object

ludwigbayer March 1, 2018

I'm attempting to use a ScriptRunner/Groovy script to give me a list of active and open (in progress & future) sprints in a specific board. For some reason, whenever I use the getSprintsForView() method, it fails and errors "cannot invoke method getSprintsForView() on null object".

The odd thing is that I check if the view is null, and the view seems to work just fine with other methods (like getOpenSprintsAndBacklogProjects. 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor;
import com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.rapid.view.RapidViewService;
import com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.rapid.RapidViewQueryService;
import com.atlassian.greenhopper.model.rapid.RapidView;

import com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.Sprint;
import com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.SprintManager;

def sprintManager = ComponentAccessor.getOSGiComponentInstanceOfType(SprintManager.class);
def rapidViewService = ComponentAccessor.getOSGiComponentInstanceOfType(RapidViewService.class);
def rapidViewQueryService = ComponentAccessor.getOSGiComponentInstanceOfType(RapidViewQueryService.class);

board_id = 89L;

def sprints = [];
def sprints_two = [];

def view = rapidViewService.getRapidView(user, board_id).getValue();

if (view != null)
{
sprints = rapidViewQueryService.getOpenSprintsAndBacklogProjects(user, view).getValue().left();
sprints_two = sprintManager.getSprintsForView(view).getValue();
}

What am I doing wrong?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2018

What if you try to get the sprintManager like 

import com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.SprintManager
import com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.customisers.PluginModuleCompilationCustomiser

SprintManager sprintManager = PluginModuleCompilationCustomiser.getGreenHopperBean(SprintManager)

Please let me know if this does the trick.

Regards, Thanos

harainye April 24, 2023

it works!

thank you so much!

0 votes
Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2018

Hi,

Is sprintManager null?

ludwigbayer March 8, 2018

That is indeed what was happening. SprintManager is apparently not exposed in the Jira API. 

As someone new to this type of work, it was unfortunately not very obvious this is the case from the API documentation. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events