Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScriptRunner Enhanced Search Permissions

PhillipS August 15, 2021

I'm having a bit of trouble finding the permissions configurations for SRES saved filters.  Although once you save & sync a SRES filter to a proper jira filter, that proper jira filter has the bells and whistles to set view and edit access, what I'm lacking to find is the permission configuration on the SRES filters themselves.  Having edit access to the proper jira filter doesn't help much, as we don't want anyone actually updating those filters manually as they are updated every X minutes from the SRES filters and not only would changes be blown away on the next sync update (I assume) but the jira proper filter also doesn't allow you to update/augment the issueFunction style dynamic calls, as they are updated and replace with hard-coded key in (...) every X minutes for those calls.  Essentially, I have a team of people that helps to keep our saved SRES filters up to date and maintained, and I would like to enable that group of people to have access to each others SRES filters to and have the whole team help maintain them with no barriers to access.

Is this a feature that is not in place yet, or am I just missing the exposed GUI element somewhere to augment the SRES permissions?

If the feature is not available at this time, the only work-around I can think of is to create a jira cloud service account for my team that is used for creating and maintaining these filters.  Is there a better workaround that anyone else has come across, as we're trying to move away from service accounts in our jira instance for obvious best-practice security concerns. 

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events