Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScriptRunner: Config exporter vs. configuration exporter

Jordan Nimlos October 23, 2019

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Config exporter and Configuration exporter in ScriptRunner?  I see both options in the System category when browsing the built-ins.  We haven't been using it for long and I'm curious what the former (Config exporter) does.  I've tried looking through the docs and can only find information about the latter (Configuration exporter).

I've tested to see what Config exporter does--all you have to do is choose a directory to save the export.  I've done that, and I see it builds a file named "CurrentConfig.groovy", as well as a sub-directory "workflows" which contains one XML file for each workflow in the exported instance.  The .groovy script begins with

package com.onresolve.jira.upgrades

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.onresolve.jira.groovy.metadata.JiraMetadataDSL
import groovy.transform.BaseScript
import com.onresolve.jira.groovy.metadata.workflows.WorkflowsMigrator
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.operation.IssueOperations

@BaseScript JiraMetadataDSL dsl

def i18nHelper = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getI18nHelper()

ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().setLoggedInUser(ComponentAccessor.getUserUtil().getUserByKey("admin"))

and then basically contains objects for all of the following from the instance:

• Issue types
  • Issue type schemes
  • Screens
  • Custom fields
  • Screen schemes,
  • Issue type screen schemes
  • Statuses
  • Workflow schemes
  • Permission schemes

Not being sure what it was meant for, I did an export from our prod instance, copied the exported files to the dev box, then tried to use the ScriptRunner console to run that CurrentConfig.groovy file, but it throws some errors (not surprising).

Can anyone tell me what the use case for the Config exporter is and how to use it properly?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events