Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScriptRunner Behaviours: cannot pre-fill field Email in Support Contact Form

Alex Programmer August 12, 2019

With same code I can set a field Description, but cannot set a field Email. See the code below. The result: the content of field Description is filled with email address, but field Email stays empty. The name of field Email is correct. Why the behavior is different? How I can set a content of field Email?

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.onresolve.jira.groovy.user.FieldBehaviours
import groovy.transform.BaseScript
@BaseScript FieldBehaviours fieldBehaviours

def currentUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()
getFieldById("description").setFormValue(currentUser.emailAddress)
getFieldById("email").setFormValue(currentUser.emailAddress)

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Programmer August 12, 2019

Another function: getFieldByName("Email") gives a result, so I have a solution. Why getFieldById("email") doesn't function, is still unclear.

Deleted user August 12, 2019

Hi Alex

getFieldById only works with default fields (such as description, summary, etc.) or in the form of getFieldById("customfield_XXX") where the XXX is the actual ID of the custom field.

When you are configuring a custom field, you can find its ID by looking in the URL. There will be a number there. Replacing XXX with the number should fix your issue.

Why this works like this is because you can have 2 custom fields with the same name, so the custom field name isn't actually a good fit as an ID as you'd expect an ID to be unique.

Kind regards
Jorden

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events