Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScriptRunner Behaviors: Set comment visibility (commentLevel)

Radosław Cichocki April 14, 2018

Hi all,

I'm trying to set default comment visibility with ScriptRunner Behaviors.

SRJIRA-2545 says that it's possible with the following script:

def formField = getFieldById("commentLevel")
formField.setFormValue("role:10011")

So I tried it: for the comment field for a specific project (all issue types in it):
SR.png

without success (this is the issue view screen, tried refreshing cache with Ctrl+Shift+R):

Screenshot_1.png

Here are the roles that I have, I marked the role ID so that there's no doubt I used the right one in the script:

Screenshot_2.png

What am I doing wrong? (it's in a Jira Service Desk project)

Environment:

JIRA Service Desk 3.11.0 (Jira 7.8.0)
ScriptRunner 5.3.9
Tried on:
Google Chrome 65.0.3325.181
Firefox 59.0.2

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
KyleGershman May 22, 2018

I'm having the exact same issue.   I've got code as an initializer without a field and decided to try your approach as well to add it to the Comment field.  Adaptavist responded to a ticket I raised indicating that a bug was fixed in version 5.3.9.  Since you're on 5.3.9, I would think you'd be fine.  (my system has an issue and I can't get from 5.3.26 to 5.3.9 so I'm still working on it myself)

I  will suggest you try putting the code in as an initializer alone as I reviewed debug log messages I made and it looks like they were never hit when expressed as a server script for the Comment field.  Could be wrong, though.

KyleGershman May 22, 2018

Discovered something that I wasn't aware of.  The defaulting is only working on the Edit screen of an issue and not the Browse screen of the issue.  I now recall that Behaviors are only meant for the Edit screen, but hopefully Adaptavist may have some other guidance.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events