Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script Listener (via Scriptrunner) is showing unrelated log.warn messages in the logs

Roy Powell March 23, 2023

I have a Script Listener via Scriptrunner (Jira DC) that is showing unrelated logs. Often when I look at the logs for this listener, I will see log.warns that are for a separate Scripted Field, not at all related to this listener.

Has anyone seen this occur before? Is there an issue with Scriptrunner itself, or is it with my logging practices?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2023

Hi @Roy Powell

Could you please share the log message that you are getting?

Also, if it is from a specific Listener code, could you also share that code so I can review it and provide some feedback?

Thank you and Kind regards,

Ram

Roy Powell March 26, 2023

Unfortunately I cannot share those details here due to the nature of the client work, however I can briefly describe.

There is a scripted field for "Repo Name" that automatically pulls in repository names from Bitbucket. This field essentially looks at any associated merged pull requests for a story, and pulls repo name(s) accordingly (comma separated if multiple repos merged against). That scripted field has a few logs, stuff along the lines of:

• log.warn("Number of pull requests: ${requestArray.size}.")

In an unrelated listener, which is just analyzing fix version details on every "Update Issue" event, I'm seeing those same logs from the Repo Name in addition to all of the listener's expected logs. But this is only one example, there are other scripts that "infect" various logs across the instance.

I was hoping this was a common issue that people had faced, but if not I will just take @Nicolas Grossi 's advice and work directly with Adaptavist via an official plugin support request.

Like Nicolas Grossi likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events