Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Risk in migrating third party plugins/applications

SIDHANT CHAWLA October 20, 2021

Hi All,

So , We are migrating Jira and Confluence which is hosted on data centre presently to AWS Cloud. Our plan is to migrate whole VM (on which Jira and Confluence is hosted) and migrate to the existing VPC in AWS.

There are multiple 3rd party apps/plugins integration with Jira and confluence within the same server. So my queries are :

1. Is there a way we can do it smoothly without getting those plugins affected?
  2. Is there a plan or steps we can do it, so please share it?
  3. What are the risks and consequences? Would connections with 3rd party be intact after migration?
  4. Please share the document or any design document if you have any?

I have gone through multiple sites and did not find anything regarding 3rd party plugins. Please share your responses on the urgent basis.

My mail is sidhant.chawla@coforge.com.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2021

Hello @SIDHANT CHAWLA 

Welcome to the community!!

As I understand the problem statement, you intend to migrate from AWS Cloud to a VPC in AWS. Assuming that the instance would remain a Data Centre, I do not see any challenge with respect to the 3rd Party plugins, as the instance time stays the same and just the underlying infrastructure is being changed.

Kindly refer to the documentation from Atlassian here.

Feel free to respond with any further queries.

SIDHANT CHAWLA October 20, 2021

Hi Gaurav, Thanks for replying

"you intend to migrate from AWS Cloud to a VPC in AWS." - Not from AWS Cloud. Its a third party data center we need to migrate from.

Does it change anything with what you shared?

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2021

Hello @SIDHANT CHAWLA 

As you are migrating to the same instance type, with a change in the underlying infrastructure only; it does not change anything.

The plugins would behave the way they do today.

As for any migration, it is always suggested to perform a Test Migration first and validate all the scenarios.

Let me know if there are any further queries.

Kindly accept the answer if this helps you.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events