Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict move permissions to sub task based on the issue type

Garden16_ April 28, 2022

I have a defect  issue type  that is created as a  sub task for a  Bug Issue type. I have another custom issue type called 'triaged defects' . Any unresolved or triaged defects that will not be closed in the current sprint will be moved to the triaged  defects custom issue  type. When the defect is ready for fixing , defect sub task that is stored in the triaged  defects will be moved back to the Bug issue type.

I would like the defect subtask issue type to be moved with in Big issue type and triaged  defects custom issue type. I would like to restrict permissions for the defect subtask to be able to move under other issue types such as story , epic or Task.

For the defect sub task , when I select the change parent , It  should allow me to  move it to either Bug issue type or my custom issue type triaged defects  custom issue  type. How do I achieve this using script runner.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2022

I'm sorry, but this is a very broken process you have defined here, and hence it's not going to be possible for you to get even close to it in Jira.

Taking it a piece at a time:

> I have a defect  issue type  that is created as a  sub task for a  Bug Issue type.

Jira does not limit sub-task types by the parent

>  I have another custom issue type called 'triaged defects' . Any unresolved or triaged defects that will not be closed in the current sprint will be moved to the triaged  defects custom issue  type.

You should never have "change issue type" as part of a process.  Changing issue type is for housekeeping and when someone has made a genuine mistake.  Because of this, it is a nightmare to do it in Jira - it simply isn't built to do it.

I would like to restrict permissions for the defect subtask to be able to move under other issue types such as story , epic or Task.

Nope, one of the things you can't do is conditionally protect "move".  You can either move an issue or you can not.

For the defect sub task , when I select the change parent 

This is also something you should not be doing as part of a standard process.  It is housekeeping or error, but also something you might do sometimes as part of backlog refinement, but still not a standard process.

How do I achieve this using script runner.

With an enormous amount of very complex code that everyone I've seen attempt it gives up on.

I very strongly recommend you take a step back, look again at what you are trying to achieve and redesign the process so that you do not need to change issue types or parent issues as part of it.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events