Render field in web panel

Justin Volden October 9, 2017

I am working on a web panel using Script Runner. I have the content I want in the panel from a number of custom fields, now I am trying to determine how to properly render those fields. When I use:

def assignedToField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject('customfield_11902')
def assignedToVal = issue.getCustomFieldValue(assignedToField)

def rendererManager = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(RendererManager)
def test = ComponentAccessor.getFieldLayoutManager().getFieldLayout(issue).getFieldLayoutItem('customfield_11902')
def renderer = rendererManager.getRendererForField(test)
writer.write(renderer.render(assignedToVal.toString(), null))

I get values rendered in text rather than the expected renderer. The fields I am looking at are from Riada's Insights plugin, so the expected result would be to render the fields using the Insights renderer, 

I am a novice scripter at best, so I am fairly certain I am missing all kinds of things here. I'm not sure a web panel can even really render individual fields, however the built in panels seem to do this.  

Any pointers or examples that may help me figure this out?

Thank you

3 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Daniel Ben Eliyahu February 28, 2021

wow, this is exactly what I am trying to do,

I have been tempering with a lot of code but no success,

@Justand @Adolfo Casari  have you fund any solution?

0 votes
Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2020

@Justin Volden, did you find a solution? I am trying to do the same.

0 votes
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2017

Hi Justin,

Could you provide a screenshot of where it's used and what the result is when you get the text?

I work on Insights Service Desk, and questions regarding configurations, and interactions with other add ons is normally something that is out of the scope for our support. But perhaps there is some directions I can give you.

Best Regards
Alexander

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events