Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prioritize Backlog in GreenHopper?

Tudor Hofnar October 31, 2012

Is there a way to prioritize the backlog in GreenHopper?

For example, I have a Business Value custom field which stores integers and would like the backlog issues to be ranked by this field. How is the backlog currently sorted? I would like issues with higher business value at the top. Is there a way to do this?

I looked around the configuration for the scrum board and couldn't find anyting...

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thiago Ribeiro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2012

Hi Tudor,

On GH the prioritization is done by the Rank field and right now it is not possible to prioritize your issues by any other field.

What you could do to achieve this is to add the Bussiness Value Field on the issue view and drag and drop issues based on the field information.

I Hope it helps!

How could you add Business Value to the issue view? As far as I know the issue view on GH is not customizable? I would love to customize it but I haven't been able to find a way yet...

That's really unfortunate that the backlog cannot be sorted any other way other than dragging and dropping issues around...image a backlog with 300 issues, and a person looking around trying to find a specific one, even alphabetical would be useful...is there no way to organize the backlog items other than the default way?

Thanks again for the help!

Do the users populate the rank field? Or is the rank field based on where the issue is dragged and dropped?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events