Prevent subtask creation if subtask of same type already present

Humberto_Bramont October 8, 2019

I have several subtasks that are created on transition, but occasionally the parent issue will be moved to a previous status and then back. This causes the subtask to be created again. I am trying to create a condition in the post function to prevent execution if there is already a subtask of that type present. I've seen solutions for Scruptrunner for JIRA server but am in search of a solution for Scriptrunner for cloud. 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2019

Hi Humberto,

Thank you for your question.

So that i am able to advise further on on your requirement, can I please confirm how are you creating the subtasks, are you using the *Create Subtask* workflow function provided by ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud or have you created your own script to create the subtaks?

Regards,

Kristian

Humberto_Bramont October 9, 2019

Hello,

I am using the built in Create Subtask post function from Scriptrunner

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2019

Hi Humberto,

Thank you for this.

I can confirm that the way to achieve this would be to set a field on the parent issues such as a checkbox on the subtask when it is created.

You would then be able to condition to the *Create Subtask* function in order to check if the checkbox value was set and only to create the subtask when the value was not set. 

I can confirm that we have examples of how to extract and set different types of fields in the documentation pages here and we have details of how to create conditions for the post function in the documentation page here and that you will be able to use these as reference guides to help you achieve your requirement.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Kristian

Humberto_Bramont October 9, 2019

Thanks for your help. I was hoping for a way to look through the subtask types and block based on whether a type already existed. This workaround should work though. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events