Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post function (scriptrunner script) to set a current date value in custom field

Владислав Яшин July 29, 2019

Hi, I use script to set custom field on issue create:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

import static java.lang.Math.*

import java.sql.Timestamp

def Begin_Date = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObject('custmofield_10200')

issue.setCustomFieldValue(Begin_Date, new Timestamp(new Date().time))

But its dont work, and I get error:

The following log information was produced by this execution. Use statements like:log.info("...") to record logging information.
2019-07-29 15:11:39,708 ERROR [workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction]: ************************************************************************************* 2019-07-29 15:11:39,708 ERROR [workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction]: Script function failed on issue: CR-20406, actionId: 1, file: <inline script> java.lang.NullPointerException at com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueImpl.getCustomFieldValue(IssueImpl.java:896) at com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueImpl.setCustomFieldValue(IssueImpl.java:906) at com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue$setCustomFieldValue$1.call(Unknown Source) at Script505.run(Script505.groovy:11)

Help me please =)

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2019

Hello @Владислав Яшин 

You are using setCustomFieldValue method on issue object, this is something which will not work.

Details as to what you should use are here

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-write-a-number-customfield-in-a-transition-script-runner/qaq-p/1140145

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events