Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Portfolio + Scriptrunner: Possible to do automatic copying of scheduled dates to target dates

Our use case is a bit unique because it's a bit experimental, but I'd like some feedback on this

We're looking to automate copying of scheduled dates to target dates for all issues within a Portfolio plan, and automatically committing them to the plan.  

- Is this even possible?

- If possible, how would we approach this? Listener script?

2 answers

0 votes
shafqat Atlassian Team Apr 26, 2018

Hi Rommel,

Currently, it isn't possible to use script runner to automatically copy scheduled dates into target dates.

However, there is functionality within Portfolio to do this. If you select all the issues in your plan, you can choose the "Set targets > Set target dates from calculated" operation to set target dates on all the issues. Afterwards, you can commit them to be reflected in Jira. For details please see here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfoliocloud/add-target-start-and-target-end-dates-868977060.html#Addtargetstartandtargetenddates-Settargetdatesinbulkusingyourcalculatedstartandenddates

Kind regards,

The Portfolio for Jira Team

Hello,

I have similar problem because we want to do the scheduling with portfolio and use the target dates in a second tool for visualization. So far I tried to copy the values from the origin field to a new custom field because the tool is not able the access the portfolio custom fields. For me as an experienced Jira user this sounded pretty easy in the first hand. Unfortunately I couldn't solve this on my own and therefore I would appreciate any help on this topic :) 

Any idea how this could be done? We really want to use portfolio but this only possible if we don't have to do update the dates manually. 

Thanks,

Josh 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

321 views 9 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you