Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio + Scriptrunner: Possible to do automatic copying of scheduled dates to target dates

Rommel Marquez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 29, 2018

Our use case is a bit unique because it's a bit experimental, but I'd like some feedback on this

We're looking to automate copying of scheduled dates to target dates for all issues within a Portfolio plan, and automatically committing them to the plan.  

- Is this even possible?

- If possible, how would we approach this? Listener script?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Josh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 27, 2019

Hello,

I have similar problem because we want to do the scheduling with portfolio and use the target dates in a second tool for visualization. So far I tried to copy the values from the origin field to a new custom field because the tool is not able the access the portfolio custom fields. For me as an experienced Jira user this sounded pretty easy in the first hand. Unfortunately I couldn't solve this on my own and therefore I would appreciate any help on this topic :) 

Any idea how this could be done? We really want to use portfolio but this only possible if we don't have to do update the dates manually. 

Thanks,

Josh 

0 votes
shafqat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2018

Hi Rommel,

Currently, it isn't possible to use script runner to automatically copy scheduled dates into target dates.

However, there is functionality within Portfolio to do this. If you select all the issues in your plan, you can choose the "Set targets > Set target dates from calculated" operation to set target dates on all the issues. Afterwards, you can commit them to be reflected in Jira. For details please see here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfoliocloud/add-target-start-and-target-end-dates-868977060.html#Addtargetstartandtargetenddates-Settargetdatesinbulkusingyourcalculatedstartandenddates

Kind regards,

The Portfolio for Jira Team

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events