Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email recieved using Scriptrunner

Lene Solberg February 6, 2018

Hi,

I have added the following script to a workflow transition in JIRA. When I run the preview the email looks fine, and when I do the transition of the issue the script looks like every thing wnet OK, but I do not receive the email. Does anyone know what to do?Scriptrunner_email.JPGScriptOK.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kyle Moseley
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2018

When the mail is triggered, check the mail queue to see if it appears soon after. If you see it appear there, and definitely isn't obscured by a spam folder/mail rule, there could be some other problems. Make sure there is no space after the email address. In old versions of SR, I found that if I did not properly separate email cc/to's that emails could fail.

Lene Solberg February 8, 2018

Hi, I checked the mail queue, and the mail does not appear there at all. I have no Space after the email adress.

JIRA version: 7.2.8

SR Version: 5.2.1

Kyle Moseley
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2018

Ah ok. I think this is the problem. Change your logic in the condition to:

cfValues['field name']?.getValue() == 'Yes'

If it's a select list (assuming this), it needs the getValue method. 

Lene Solberg February 11, 2018

Hi, thanks for Your quick reply, but I still do not recive an email. When I change th Logic into Your code.. I get a warning saying "Could not look up the type for this custom Field.."

Kyle Moseley
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2018

Okay, try just

cfValues['field name']?.value == 'Yes'
Lene Solberg February 13, 2018

Thanks, but thats what I tried the first time, if you see my  screen shot..?

Kyle Moseley
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2018

On the screenshot you don't include the ?.value portion.

Also, is the field just a simple Single Select? what sort of field type is it?

Lene Solberg February 19, 2018

Thanks - now it Works fine:-)

Kyle Moseley
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2018

Terrific. Please mark this answer as accepted using the checkmark button.

Jessica Golden September 15, 2020

@Kyle Moseley I am having the same issue, but my email is showing up in the mail queue. I cannot see what the error is. I left my condition and configuration field blank.  But, the rest of my settings are identical to hers. I'm sending to an email address as string in a custom field.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events