Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to remove Move , Clone issue ,Convert to issue from More drop down for Bug Issue

Garden16 January 8, 2022

Need to remove Move , Clone issue ,Convert to issue from More drop down for Bug Issue type. I do not want to use permission Scheme. I would like to use script runner for this issue.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2022

I have to question why you don't want to use permissions for this, and also why you think there is any point in it.  What is the benefit of removing an option from a menu, one that you still want people to be able to do, and now have to cast around with fiddly url building to be able to do it?  

What do you gain from making things harder for people to find?

1 vote
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2022

Hi @Garden16_  For this you have to use Script Fragment feature of Script runner. In Script Fragment use "Hide System or Plugin UI element". 

Fragment Hide.PNG

In Hide What section, select clone-issue,move-issue and subtask-to-issue (if you want to stop conversion)

Configuration.PNG

In Condition Block , enter the condition based on your requirement , include subtask issue type as well you want to hide Convert to Issue button from More.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

if(jiraHelper.project?.key == "VY" && issue.issueType.name == "Bug" ) {
false
} else {
true
}

Hope it Works for you!

Thanks,

V.Y

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events