Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load multi-user custom field from Project Role values

WellSky IT July 7, 2021

I have tried it all!  I have scoured the interwebs to no avail.  I have a project role consisting of multiple users and I need to load those users into a multi-user custom field. The most straightforward way it seems is from a Jira Group instead of project roles, I am good with either.  This is the code I have found for the group into custom field.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.ModifiedValue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.DefaultIssueChangeHolder

def groupManager = ComponentAccessor.getGroupManager()
def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()

def myJiraGroup = groupManager.getGroup("Jira Group name") // get the group
def usersInGroup = groupManager.getUsersInGroup(myJiraGroup) // get the users in that group
def myCustomField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectsByName("Custom multi-user field")
myCustomField.updateValue(null, issue, new ModifiedValue(issue.getCustomFieldValue(myCustomField), usersInGroup), new DefaultIssueChangeHolder()) // update myCustomField with users

It throws an error "No signature of method:" but the details get cut off before I can read what parameter is hosed.

TIA

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

Your issue might be just with the "def myCustomField" line.

If you look carefully, you will see that you are calling "getCustomFieldObjectsByName", the plural on "Objects" means that you can potentially get more than one custom field with this method. Even when you only have 1 custom field that matches that name, you will still get a collection or array of custom fields and you have to identify which item in the collection is the custom field you care about.

If you are 100% sure that you only have 1 custom field with that name, you can just get item 0 from the collection.

def myCustomField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectsByName("Custom multi-user field")[0]
WellSky IT July 7, 2021

Peter-Dave...is it possible to be so happy and so mad at the same time?  Because those 3 characters "[0]" just made me into a WINNER!  Next time you are in KC I owe you a beverage.  Thank you sir.  Consider your answer...ACCEPTED!  

Like Peter-Dave Sheehan likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events