Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira "send eMail at entering state" script - how?

anbern October 27, 2020

Dear colleagues, I would like to write an Adaptavist script that sends an eMail notification whenever any issue in a project reaches a well known state. I'm using a "Listener" for this, bound to the "Any Issue Event" event in the respective project.

Success so far:

Sending eMail on any issue event with $issue.key etc. values in eMail text

Send eMail only if issue in status "blah". Condition: issue.status.simpleStatus.name == 'blah' (I omit the ?. operator on purpose because issues are supposed to have a status).

The Problem:

No success (eMail does never get fired): originalIssue.status.simpleStatus.name != 'blah' && issue.status.simpleStatus.name == 'blah'

What do I do wrong? Any help welcome

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2020

Hi anbern,

although I do not want you to neglect the approach with listeners in any way I just wanted to mention we used the "Send a custom email" function during a transition.

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/6.12.0/jira/builtin-scripts.html#_send_a_custom_email

The listener might be a better choice if you have a very detailed set statuses you want to match (and additionally not being specific to a workflow).

In case the scenario is much simpler the approach with "Send a custom email" tied to a transition (in one specific workflow) might suffice.

Example use case over here was to send a customized mail to recipients listed in a field of type "multiple user picker" through an "approve" transition (informing them that the specific issue has been approved). That works pretty good.
Basically this is used as an alternative to the introduction of a new event (and perhaps an additional velocity template).

In summary: the distinction if this can be applied to your use case is by the question if you have several workflows or if it only should apply to a specific one.

Cheers,
Daniel

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events