Jira Portfolio - How to get the jira portfolio plan assignment of a specific issue?

timmurko February 25, 2019

Dear all, 

I'm looking for a way get the Jira Portfolio Plan Name or Plan Id of an issue 

E.g. inmagine an Epic which is assigned to/which is Part of  a Jira Portfolio Plan with Plan Name "Plan ABC" and  Plan id "123". 

So how could I get that information (give me the Plan Name or Id of that Epic (and null if it's not assigned to any plan)) either as a scriptrunner jql function or programmatically via the scriptrunner groovy script console. 

I know there exists this jql function "issuekey in issuesInPlan(123)" so I could do something like "issuekey in issuesInPlan(123) and issuetype = Epic" and than check wether the Epic-Key is in that resultlist, but I need a more direct approach at a lower cost.

Thank you in advance, 

Best regards,

Tim 

3 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
timmurko February 26, 2019

Hi @Walter Buggenhout 

thanks a lot for your fast reply. What a pitty. 

I'm trying to build a time evaluation tool, which aggregates the the jira time bookings (worklogs) to the different Jira Portfolio Plans, so such a feature would have been handy.

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2019

Hi @timmurko ,

Thanks for reaching out. But I am afraid that what you are trying to achieve is not really possible.

A Portfolio plan retrieves its data through different dynamic data sources: an agile board, a saved filter or a Jira project. The issues belonging to a plan can be retrieved through those sources, but the ID of or reference to a plan is not persisted against the individual issues. And so you cannot go the other way around.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2019

Hi @timmurko

I'm unsure as to what you want to achieve, but it sounds like reporting. Have you considered pulling the data from your plan(s) into a reporting tool like EazyBI (based on the filters you use as input to your plan) and aggregating your worklogs there?

0 votes
timmurko February 25, 2019

Hello @Walter Buggenhout 

since I've already come across many helpful answers from you in this community, I hope that you can help me further:

I'm looking for an approach to access/to get the jira portfolio plan assignment of an issue (further explanation above) 

Thank you in advance,

Regards Tim

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events