Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM how to create comment on customer behalf (Using ADMIN token)

Shovel Box December 25, 2021

Hello, I have my own application, which already can create issues in JSM using REST API

curl --request POST \

--url 'https://{portal}.atlassian.net/rest/servicedeskapi/request' \

-u <secret-here>\

--header 'Accept: application/json' \

--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \

--data '{

"raiseOnBehalfOf": "user@email.here",

"serviceDeskId": "1",

"requestTypeId": "1",

"requestFieldValues": {

"summary": "Request JSD help via REST",

"description": "I need a new *mouse* for my Mac"

}

}'

Property raiseOnBehalfOf helped me to specify customer's email, and issue was created with customer email as reporter

But now I need to add comment to JSM issue on customer behalf. REST API for comment creation contains only .body and .public fields.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/api-group-request/#api-rest-servicedeskapi-request-issueidorkey-comment-post

I don't see a property raiseOnBehalfOf or anything like that.

{"errorMessages":["Unrecognized field \"raiseOnBehalfOf\" (Class com.atlassian.servicedesk.api.rest.dto.domain.comment.CommentCreateDTO), not marked as ignorable\n at [Source: org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteInputStream@5877bceb; line: 5, column: 2] (through reference chain: com.atlassian.servicedesk.api.rest.dto.domain.comment.CommentCreateDTO[\"raiseOnBehalfOf\"])"]}% 

I also found java api 

createServiceDeskComment

@Nonnull
ServiceDeskComment createServiceDeskComment(@Nonnull
                                                     com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser user,
                                                     @Nonnull
                                                     ServiceDeskCommentCreateParameters createParameters)
Create a new service project comment with the provided ApplicationUser as the author
But I think I'm unable to use it because we are working with JSM Cloud
I've spent many hours trying to find a solution. And only one way I see is to use Connect App with JWT tokens / OAuth tokens and avoid using Admin API token. But it looks "too much" for my small task. Any tips how to create comments on customer behalf ?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2021

Hi @Shovel Box 

This is a good starting point, please find the ref link here

https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/raise-comment-on-behalf-of-customer-via-api/28342

Thanks,

Pramodh

Shovel Box December 26, 2021

so, only the way is to use connect app? I have no idea why rest api allows to create issues on customer behalf but not comments...

Like Meu Dinheiro likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events