Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL inconsistency after linking issues

Silicon Biosystems spa September 3, 2018

Hello Everyone,

we have a problem where after creating linked issues in a groovy script with createIssueLink() and running a JQL query, the latter returns inconsistent results as if the linked issues weren’t reindexed yet.
Regarding the createIssueLink() in Jira documentation it says "Constructs a new issuelink from the sourceIssueId to the destinationId and persists it. This operation will cause a re-index of the associated
issues."
https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/7.1.4/com/atlassian/jira/issue/link/IssueLinkManager.html
The documentation is unclear whether the createIssueLink method blocks until the reindex is performed or not, in any case running a JQL query immediately after a createIssueLink which deals with the created issues links, returns an out-of-date result.

PS: reindexing with:

boolean wasIndexing = ImportUtils.isIndexIssues();
ImportUtils.setIndexIssues(true);
issueLinkManager.createIssueLink(fromIssue.getId(), toIssue.getId(), Long.parseLong(linkId),
null, user);
ImportUtils.setIndexIssues(wasIndexing);

didn't work for me.

Thanks  in advance,

Nicolas.-

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2018

Hi Silicon.

Could I have a look at your full script? I have just tested this locally and I can assure you that on my instance, createIssueLink triggered a reindex. 

Could you also add your JIRA version?

To further my point, there was a feature to request that createIssueLink could opt out of the reindexing event, and it was denied. 

You can read more about this here:

JRASERVER-30144

Cheers!

DY

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events