JIRA API call to fetch data from script runner enhanced search in cloud jira

Esther Evangeline. V August 27, 2021

IssueFuction in Jira Server is working fine but it is not working with Jira cloud. The API I use is 

issuetype="Bug" and issueFunction in addedAfterSprintStart("board name", "sprint name") and resolution in(Done,Unresolved). This worked fine with JIRA server but in JIRA cloud the JQL and the API call is not working. We tried to use the script runner enhanced search and were able to get the result. But the API call is giving us an error " {"errorMessages":["Field 'issueFunction' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it."],"warningMessages":[]}" Eventhough the script runner plugin is available.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2021

This is because JQL in Jira Cloud does not allow us to add things like issueFunction into it.  So standard JQL can't use it.

As you've already found, Scriptrunner's enhanced search does do that.

But, I suspect your "api call" is to Jira's search function, not Scriptrunner's enhanced search. so it's failing because issueFunction is not there.

I'm afraid I do not know if SR for Cloud has a REST API you could call for the enhanced search, but I will ask!

Esther Evangeline. V September 3, 2021

Did we get an answer for REST API you could call for the enhanced search

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2021

Eep!  Sorry.  I asked Kristian but got distracted and forgot to post back here!

There are no rest APIs for enhanced search.

But, you can make a rest call  to a standard Jira filter which is created when they save an enhanced search filter as this will have the issues returned by the enhanced search filter in it.

Ainee December 1, 2021

It's been months but how do we do this  "But, you can make a rest call  to a standard Jira filter which is created when they save an enhanced search filter as this will have the issues returned by the enhanced search filter in it."

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events