cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA 7 Script Runner Behaviod Plugin - hide issue link type options by name

Ramakrishnan Srinivasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2019

Hi,

Need some help in hiding issue link type options by name. I have "Easy Links for JIRA" add-on deployed in our JIRA 7 server. It allows to pick multiple issues as links. I have to create multiple such fields.

Now, I want users to use only the issue selection custom field and should not be able to add the custom link types 'is implemented in' or 'implements' using JIRA's native More-Link-This Issue field. 

Is that possible to hide only those two options in JIRA Link types. I referred https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Behaviour-plugin-to-restrict-linkedissue-types/qaq-p/536508 but could not succeed in getting what I wanted

Thanks in advance

with warm regards

ramki

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2019

Scriptrunner behaviors don't currently fire when you use the menu "More>Link" from the issue.

To enable behavior scripts and manipulate the list of link types, you would have to for the users to edit the issue either via the default edit screen or via a special workflow transition screen.

Then, you could manipulate the link-type field with getFieldById("issuelinks-linktype")

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events