Issue query filter out link types

James Brown February 22, 2018

I would like to perform a JIRA query i.e. project = ABC. One of the columns displayed would be Linked Issues. I would like to return all issues with a link type of blocks using the Script Runner Script function hasLinkTypes. However, I would link the Linked Issues field to only display links to issues that have link type of blocks and not other link types. This is used for traceability and I do not want to show issue links that are not relevant.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2018

I think what you want here is the Scriptrunner JQL function called linkedIssueOf.  With this query I believe it can limit the results of what you want here.  I think the syntax would look something like this:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project=ABC", "blocks")

With this query, you are only returning the issues that have a 'blocks' link to issues in the ABC project.

James Brown February 26, 2018

While the query returns issues containing issues that contain blocks issue links, all links regardless of link type will be displayed in the linked issues field/column.

I need the ability to filter out any links that are not blocks from the linked issues column.

If there is one issue and it contains two link issues. One issue blocks and one issue relates, I want the links field to display only the link to the issue that block and not the issue that relates.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events