Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Created Listener: Copy Custom Field Value from Parent to Sub-task on Creation

Judah October 24, 2018

I am trying to write a scripted listener that will copy down a Custom Field's value (Select List) from parent to child on creation.

I am trying to avoid using a post function, as I want this rule to fire across an entire project whenever a sub-task is created. 

I currently have a listener that is working whenever the Parent is UPDATED...

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.event.type.EventDispatchOption
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue

def change = event?.getChangeLog()?.getRelated("ChildChangeItem")?.find {it.field == "Source of Request - JudahTest"}
if (change) {
log.debug "Value changed from ${change.oldstring} to ${change.newstring}"

def subtasks = event.issue.getSubTaskObjects()
def customField = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Source of Request - JudahTest")

if (subtasks){
subtasks.each {it ->
def options = ComponentAccessor.getOptionsManager().getOptions(customField.getRelevantConfig(it))
((MutableIssue) it).setCustomFieldValue(customField, options.find {it.value == change.newstring})
ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().updateIssue(event.user, ((MutableIssue) it), EventDispatchOption.DO_NOT_DISPATCH, false)
}
}
}

Unfortunately, simply changing the listening event did not work. I need this to update on Issue Created! Any one out there want to help tackle this?? 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2018

Hi,

Judging by your code, it's not working because:

1) There's no changelog in Issue Created event, and thus there's not point in trying to get field values from there. Get them from the issue directly.

2) It's supposed to trigger on sub-task creation, right? If so you need to change the logic of using your issue variable, because right now it is as if you are creating a parent issue, not a sub-task.

With that in mind this should help:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.event.type.EventDispatchOption

def issue = event.issue

if(issue.isSubTask()){
def currentUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()
def parent = issue.getParentObject()
def customField = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Source of Request - JudahTest")
def cfValue = parent.getCustomFieldValue(customField)
issue.setCustomFieldValue(customField, cfValue)
ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().updateIssue(currentUser, issue, EventDispatchOption.ISSUE_UPDATED, false)
}

SMAtlassianMber April 3, 2019

Thank you for the suggestion. When we tried it out we get errors on these lines 

issue.setCustomFieldValue(customField, cfValue)
ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().updateIssue(currentUser, issue, EventDispatchOption.ISSUE_UPDATED, false)

Can not find matching method for both.

Is that because we need to define options to use setCustomFieldValue for a select list (single) field?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events