cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Template via Behaviour

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2020

Dear Adaptavist,

I have been  trying to insert template via behaviour  script,  but experiencing a  weird, periodic  issue when i  execute my script.(So i wounder what i am doing wrong  but i suspect that it could be a bug. Could any one  please help ?   I  have set the behavior  to occur on the create issue transition. 

The 3rd Scenario seems not to be working after been treated in groovy script, i suspect it is a bug , because some time it work perfect when i choose issue type Epic and suddenly stops working again ! 

JIRA version 8.5.1

These are the scenarios to  be treated

• Fill in predefined template into the fields(Environment, Description) upon creating ticket for the issueType Bug, and project A
  • When you mistaken choose issueType Bug and modified the template in the fields(Environment, Description) and change the issueType then new values should remain.
  • When predefined template is populated into the fields(Environment, Description) without template been modified upon creating ticket and you switch between issueTypes/Projects the Template should be cleared
  • When issue type other than Bug is chosen template should not be populated.

Initializer

def descript = getFieldById("description")
def environ = getFieldById("environment")

def defaultEnvTemplate = "* Gator version:\n* HS type (if applicable):\n* Clients connected to Gator (if applicable):\n"+
"* Sensors connected to Gator (if applicable):\n* Logs/Memory dump collected and attached, with DECT/VoIP debug option on (if applicable)?:\n"+
"* Connection type (DSLAM type, if used):"

def defaultDescTemplate = "* Preconditions:\n* Course of action:\n* Error description:\n* Time of error occurrence (if logs are attached):"

if(issueContext.projectObject.key == "AA" && issueContext.issueType.name == "Bug")
{

if (!underlyingIssue?.description && descript.value == null) {
descript.setFormValue(defaultDescTemplate)

}

if (!underlyingIssue?.environment && environ.value == null) {
environ.setFormValue(defaultEnvTemplate)
}

}

Server side script

def empty = """ """
def descript = getFieldById("description")
def environ = getFieldById("environment")

def defaultEnvTemplate = "* Gator version:\n* HS type (if applicable):\n* Clients connected to Gator (if applicable):\n"+
"* Sensors connected to Gator (if applicable):\n* Logs/Memory dump collected and attached, with DECT/VoIP debug option on (if applicable)?:\n"+
"* Connection type (DSLAM type, if used):"

def defaultDescTemplate = "* Preconditions:\n* Course of action:\n* Error description:\n* Time of error occurrence (if logs are attached):"

if (issueContext.projectObject.key == "AA" && issueContext.issueType.name == "Bug" ) {

}

else {
if(!underlyingIssue?.environment && environ.value == defaultEnvTemplate )
{
environ.setFormValue(empty)
}

if(!underlyingIssue?.description && descript.value == defaultDescTemplate)
{
descript.setFormValue(empty)
}

}

if(issueContext.projectObject.key != "AA" && issueContext.issueType.name != "Bug") {
if(!underlyingIssue?.environment && environ.value == defaultEnvTemplate)
{
environ.setFormValue(empty)
}

if(!underlyingIssue?.description && descript.value == defaultDescTemplate)
{
descript.setFormValue(empty)
}

}

Thanks!

Mo

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2021

Problem solved  !  reconstructed code :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events