Inherited restrictions for moved pages

Hi together,

I would need help with a custom script. The main goal is, that a moved page gets the same restrictions as the new parent page...

I already know that a custom script has to listen to the "PageMoveEvent", but also our developer would need some inspiration how he can develop that script...

Use case:

- Space A (anonymous access)

- Page A (edit-restrictions for a special confluence-group - no inherited restrictions for sub-pages)

- Page B (only confluence-users can view the pages --> inherited restrictions for sub-pages)

All newly created pages will be under Page B --> Non-confluence users will not see these pages. After the pages are approved, they will be moved the Page A and should get the same restrictions as Page A.

The Build-In Script form the Scriptrunner for inherited restrictions unfortunately only work for newly created pages, but not for moved pages. 

Thanks in advance and best regards

Alex 

2 answers

Here is a code for set restriction

page.addPermission(ContentPermission.createGroupPermission(ContentPermission.VIEW_PERMISSION, "Some Group"))
page.addPermission(ContentPermission.createUserPermission(ContentPermission.VIEW_PERMISSION, "Some user"))
pageManager.saveContentEntity(PublishPage.getEntity(), new DefaultSaveContext())

Write a script lister for MovePageEvent, try to find how to get page restriction and then run my code (on a loop)

Hi Alexander,

I've recently put together a script which should accomplish what you need. You can find it in our code snippets repository using the following link:

https://bitbucket.org/snippets/Adaptavist/oedkLX

Hope this helps you out!

Kind regards,
Tony

Software Support Engineer @ Adaptavist

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

158 views 3 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you