Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to validate, using Scriptrunner, if comment was created as primary action

I would like to create a Scriptrunner listener that will respond to the event "Issue commented", but only if the comment meets the following requirements:

• comment created by the issue reporter
  • comment is public
  • comment is primary action meaning that no transition was made together with adding this comment

I can validate comment author and comment visibility but have troubles with the third requirement. I can't find any comment property/method to verify if it was added during transition or simply by clicking "Comment an issue" on the Customer portal.

Any help appreciated!
Thanks,

1 answer

You can try to investigate the event's changeLog property to see if there was a changeItem where the status was changed.

And then look for other clues in there to see if you can determine if a no-status-change transition took place (that might be harder).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

248 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you