Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to validate a field based on multiple conditional validations

Aaron Andrade April 10, 2023

We have a workflow where all the status can transition to closed. The thing is that the last status ("IT SSO IMPLEMENTATION") of the workflow has required fields before it can close. So if we try and close the ticket from any other status other than ("IT SSO IMPLEMENTATION") the required fields pop-up and the ticket can't be closed. I am using the JMWE field required validator and using the conditional validation to try and make it to where the fields are required only in the ("IT SSO IMPLEMENTATION") status and that the fields can't be null. Please see screen shot to see how I have it setup.

image.png

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

Hi @Aaron Andrade 

you don't need to test for null values, the Fields Required Validator does that for you. Just test the issue Status in the Conditional Validation script. Also, type the status name as it appears on the "Statuses" admin page, the name is case-sensitive and the Workflow Editor shows status names in all uppercase (for some unfathomable reason).

Aaron Andrade April 11, 2023

I am using radio buttons and the default is none (none = null) and we are trying make it where the question has to be answered and that it is only required when the status is "IT SSO Implementation". I have tried it without the null conditional statement and it let's the ticket close without the question being answered.

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

Yes but the status check was incorrect (the status name was in all uppercase on your screenshot).

First test without conditional execution (it should require the radio button for all statuses), then add conditional execution to limit to one status.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events