It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to use the releaseDate function for a specific day of week Edited

Hello, I'd like to use the JQL function releaseDate to target a specific day in the week, for example Tuesday of the current week without having to specify a specific day.  This is used to dynamically populate a dashboard that shows all the issues scheduled for release on each day of the current week.

Basically, I want to write the equivalent of:

fixVersion in releaseDate("after startOfWeek('+1d') before startOfWeek('+2d')")

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

You can do this, but from my testing, you need to count backwards.

For instance, if I want all issues that have a fix version release date on Thursday, I'd write:

fixVersion in releaseDate("on endOfWeek(-2d)")

If I want all issues that are going to be released on Tuesday:

fixVersion in releaseDate("on endOfWeek(-4d)")

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 12.37.39 PM.png

That works great.  It seems like the issue was the single quotes I was adding around the parameter to startOfWeek() that was causing the error.

Like Stephan Rothämel likes this

i am attempting to follow the logic here and am unable to produce any results. i am attempting fixVersion in releaseDate("after 2019-01-01 before 2019-09-15") and am just getting errors. do you have any suggestions for overcoming this? thanks in advance for your help. 

Is there any way to have the Release Date displayed as a column in my query output? I want to see the Release Date connected to each of the JIRA cards I have listed.  Thanks

Here is the query >>> fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() AND sprint in openSprints()

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

DevOps Just Got a Whole Lot Easier with Opsgenie and AWS CloudFormation Registry and CLI

...esponders": [{ "type": "team", "name": { "Fn::GetAtt": [ "NemoSearchParty", "Name" ] } }], "Enabled": true }, "DependsOn": [ "TeamA" ] }, "C...

1,010 views 0 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you